January 7, 2015

What makes a social media platform valuable to go to?

A major reason I'm taking this class is because I'm developing my own social media platform. Over the past 8 months, I've done a lot of research and this is one of the questions I've explored.

Several weeks ago, I created a video articulating my findings.



The conclusion is a social media platform needs to be...

  • Fun
  • Relevant content
  • Relevant people 
  • Easy to use
  • Does something new
  • Has the right level of privacy
    • Clarity on what is shared and with who
    • Control over privacy
  • It needs to make money (hopefully has a user friendly revenue model)
Each person has their own desires for many of these. So these principles would be vastly different across age ranges and peoples.

-Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment