January 7, 2015

Well, It Should Probably Be Social

In thinking about some of the nuts and bolts about what contributes to having a 'good social media website', the overarching element that's been on my mind is that it has to have a high level of interactivity. Thinking about what boarderline social websites I've seen that haven't reached the brink of success yet usually all lead back to lack of consumer activity that they carry. Sites such as mormon.org or the Boston Mission's website reallifeanswers.org that have rich quality and professional design aren't reaching their tipping point I believe because consumers aren't able to witness any form of outside connectivity or personal need of being involved with the site.

What the secret is to create a self initiated desire to be involved in a specific site is, I don't know. Many of the aspects that we discussed in class such as competitions, form of rewards, and live events surely open doors of opportunity for consumers to jump into this level of involvement. Going along with Isaac and Greg's thoughts, I agree - choosing which avenue to take depends on what ideal you are trying to reach.
So at the end of the day, a good social media website...well, should probably be social.

What I'd like one of my focuses to be this semester in discovering what makes a 'good social media website' is this question of interactivity: what makes consumers go from 'well that's nice' and clicking away, to having a propelled desire to become interactive with a site?

Being that this is a large opportunity that hasn't been reached yet on the reallifeanswers.org website, I am choosing that as my site of research for the semester.

reallifeanswers.org

No comments:

Post a Comment