January 11, 2015

Ongoing Discussion, a Reason to Return

I tend to agree with Plato's skepticism about words.  I have always found it difficult to find the right words to convey my thoughts and feelings.  I think many people have ran into this problem.  However, as it was briefly mentioned in class, the ideal may be more properly understood through discussion, stimulating thought, and further conversation.  I think this is an element of good social media, where people can continue with their current level of the great conversation.  However, regardless of the potential benefits of these conversations, this society needs to quickly recognize a fantastic need to engage in any social website.  So how do we draw them in?  A superb product? Unparalleled service?  Some promise of useful knowledge or skill?  Well, now I'm just talking to myself again...I lean more towards the latter because it seems to aim to improve the human condition more than, say, me making a profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment