February 12, 2015

Lds.net and The Moderns

Critique:
website-home-page-critique-550x322 
Because I wanted to focus on Hume with my critique of lds.net, I decided to dive in and pretend to be a user (since for him beauty is in the eye of the beholder), and see what beauty I could find in the site and its services.  I went through the site again, and explored some of their pages and articles.  They have a lot of interesting material, and I found myself reading multiple articles without intending to.  A large reason I read those articles was because they were right there on the top of the front page, with gripping titles.  I did find myself wondering which tabs to select--the ones on the top or the ones on the side, since I could tell that some of them were the same but not all.  So that was confusing and definitely not a design that I could appreciate or find value in as a user.  I also found the order of the drop down menus somewhat illogical.  I wonder if there is a way for the site creators to track which tabs are clicked on most and have those be at the top of the drop down menus. 

Action plan: 

 

Organize tabs better so as to not confuse the user, and allow for them to access the beautiful pages and services of the site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment