January 27, 2015

Aristotle WebPhil Critique



This is the boring script referenced in the video...

A critique of WebPhil and a critique of the class go hand in hand. The structure of the class has been a little confusing, a little redundant, and not what I expected, but I can see the "potentialities" of it and of WebPhil. And this excites me.

I think that WebPhil could become something really cool, something worth sharing, but not as it is right now. That is the purpose of collectively critiquing it. I am no authority on "coolness" (that is where I will rely on the rest of the class) but I can see some ways that we can change what we are doing to better emulate what we are prescribing others to do.

I think this is what Dr. Packard is trying to get us to do. He wants us to emulate or embody the philosophers in our posts instead of just talking about them. It reminds me of a quote by Nietzsche that says (paraphrased): "Culture cannot be taught, but must be imparted by encounters with the exemplars."

The best way we can help teach what a good social media website should be like is to make ours be the exemplar. And, individually make each post of ours exemplary.

This is an Oak tree in an Acorn

1 comment:

  1. That was great! It made me laugh and want to make my own (jump)...

    Video!

    ReplyDelete